Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fashion Show- Parfum de Victoire

Today I will show you the pictures of the fashion show that I organized on the 6th of December in Palais des Congres in Grasse, France.
The event Parfum de Victoire was organized by the Comité Régional Olympique et Sportif Cote d'Azur in celebration of many French Olympic Athletes, such as: Stéphane Diagana, Yannick Agnel and Camille Muffat.

Together with a group of 7 other girls from my master, we started with the preparations in September and had about 4 months to hunt the models, organize the event and design all the garments in the theme of India.

The initial idea was to design hats for this show, but this quickly evolved into designing clothes. There were 4 different designers that each made their own designs for the fashion show.

So watch and enjoy the diary of my first fashion show..

This was the make up look for my models.. As my garments are very colorful I wanted to have colorful make up as well. As the theme was India I looked for inspiration on Youtube and pictures of Arabian and Indian make up.

I decided to go for eye make up with peacock colors, a hard eye liner around it and hot pink lips for that extra effect..
Here you can see a little of the make up process..

And voila, after 2 hours of continuous work, all of my models were finished in the make up department..

Time for the first runway practice..

After that I started with the hair of each of my models which took another 2,5 hours..
I wanted to create a hairdo which was inspired by the Indian bum, but with a Western twist by adding a lot of volume to it..

All of the designers on the catwalk..
This was the opening speech right before the fashion show started

And there they go my pretty models..

Here you can see all of the garments together

The Finale with all the models of the show together

Some group pictures with the models and the fashion designs

Here are some close- ups of each design..
My main idea was incorporate traditional Indian elements, patterns and colors into a contemporary and feminine look.

I did not use any patterns to make the garments. Instead I draped them on a hanger and on myself. Subsequently I attached the parts together with pins so that I know how to sew them together.

Each of the garments has a special emphasis on the back. This has a sort of surprise effect which I am fond of in an outfit.. When you look at the garment from the front you would not expect it to have an open back, but once the person turns around you..

The first outfit is a dress with a waterfall neck with a waist belt and a sequin open back.

There's the surprise

The second outfit is a harem pants with a top that is wrapped around the model. The baize necklace is inspired by the Egyptian farao neck jewelry.


The left dress was inspired by the Greek way of draping of clothes. It has the same waist belt as the first outfit and a loose sleeve that covers one arm.
The right dress is actually a high waist skirts combined with a short top with an open back. The skirt is actually made with a hullahoop and was inspired by Indian jewelry. The shoulder patches are made of the same fabric as the skirt to create a harmonious look.

Final backstage photos together
This fashion show was a great experience and I really had a lot of fun to organize it and to see the final result off course.
It made me realize that I made the right choice to do a master in luxury and fashion management and that I love to do this kind of work.

I hope all of you enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading the diary of the Fashion Show Parfum de Victoire!


Love Lyn

Special thanks to the models: Loulou, Laetitia, Anastasiia and Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment